The lovely Michelle from Studio-Wax in Drogheda got in contact with me about trialling a new product she’s introducing in Ireland, Spongellé. The Spongellé sponges are described as body buffers, which (amongst other things) tone the skin and reduce cellulite. … Continue reading
GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED!! 🙂 I have found one of the best beauty inventions EVER… It’s the ElevEase Shower Step!! My usual ‘shaving in the shower‘ routine involves me doing either of these two things: (a) Trying to hold a leg … Continue reading
Why do we have to change up our beauty routine in the winter? How come everything you’ve done all year suddenly stops working? I mean seriously, what’s with the sore lips, red cheeks that sting, dry skin and misbehaving hair!?
Cold air lacks humidity and can dry out the natural oils in your skin, while harsh wind and rain can chap your lips and cheeks. Then, just when you think you’re home and dry…you’re not really…because the dry air in your home (caused by your heating) isn’t really helping matters either!
Well don’t worry, here are some top tried and tested tips for happy skin this winter:
1) Keep your skin hydrated by making sure you are drinking enough water! Water is a beauty product as far as I’m concerned and if you can remember to drink it, your skin will thank you for it!
2) Moisturise regularly using a rich moisturiser. I do it after my shower – head to toe! To ensure I never forget to use it, I use one that smells gorgeous so I look forward to putting it on! Make sure you’re using something appropriate on your face too, maybe use a rich night cream to give back what the day took out!
3) Look after your lips! keep them soft and comfortable with a lip moisturiser, Blistex Relief Cream is my favourite. I use it daily to prevent chapped lips, rather than waiting for it to happen!
4) Purdy paws! My hands are prone to getting wind chaffed and rough feeling in the winter, so I use Nutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream on them. If u pop some in your bag and have one at home too you’ll remember to use it!
5) Be kind to your skin! You’re better off using a fragrance free soap (like Simple) or even an emulsifier (silcock’s base) in the shower. You can use your moisturiser to make sure you smell delicious after!
6) Wrap Up Warm. Make sure that you layer your clothes properly so you only have cotton and soft fabrics (not wool) touching your skin! I like to wear a vest top and long sleeved top or shirt, cardis, chunky knits etc. And if you get rained on, change out of your wet clothes as soon as you get home!
If you have any tips you want to share, please comment below!