Well, it’s been a while! I’ve had a couple of weeks to get some head space after a HUGE life change and I’ve realised something – I have missed blogging! When I look back at old posts and videos I … Continue reading
My amazing husband surprised me with a stay at The Beacon Hotel in Dublin. The package included shopping vouchers, free cocktails in the Crystal Bar, dinner at My Thai restaurants and delicious breakfast the next morning!
The way he told me about it, was possibly the best bit of all – he gave me breakfast in bed with “Hotel for 2” spelled out with bacon, haha!
So, here’s some snaps from our stay!
The Beacon describes itself as being a place “where boutique hotel style and design blend with outstanding service to create a new concept in luxury travel.” The decor was just amazing – the photos above are taken in the lobby. There’s a huge four poster bed which is actually a table and seating, a giant leaf table with stools and an amazing pool table – which people were actually using!
The bedroom was gorgeous, and to my delight there was a huge bright mirror at the desk – perfect for doing makeup haha!
The Crystal Bar was really nice and surprisingly relaxed! It was super warm that day, so we went outside to the courtyard where there’s this amazing ‘day bed’ type seating for lounging on. (Of course we LOUNGED, you can see us lying on one in the bottom right!) The napkins were a pretty cool touch so I had to include them too! My cocktail was delicious, super potent though haha – so “one and done” and off to dinner!
My Thai Restaurant
The ‘My Thai Restaurant’ was AMAZING! One of the most enjoyable meals I’ve ever had! The service was fantastic too, all of the staff were so nice! The photos aren’t doing it justice! If you are a regular reader you know how much I love this type of food, I was in heaven. Finding Dim Sum in Ireland is pretty difficult so I was delighted with that. So delicious – if you’re in Dublin looking for a great restaurant, definitely go here!
The next morning we had a huge breakfast and headed off home. I have to admit, I was getting very weepy on the way home because I couldn’t wait to see Devin! I know it was only one night, and we had such an amazing time – but I missed him!! I’m really only completely happy when we’re all together!
Another GREAT birthday, thanks to my lovely hubby!
Thanks for reading! x
Sorry this is up much later than usual! We filmed late at night, and I did edit but I left it to upload while I slept!
This is a NEW tag! If you make YouTube videos, please feel free to make this one!! Questions are below the video link on this page 😉
1. How many children do you have?
And how old are they?
2. What are your proudest and most frustrating moments as a parent?
3. How do you discipline your child/children?
4. Do you co-sleep?
5. What is your one MUST HAVE piece of baby equipment?
6. Name one thing you bought before you had your baby and you never ended up using?
7. Have you always wanted kids? How many more do you plan on having?
8. Do you think your relationship with your spouse has changed since you had children? Better or worse?
9. Date night? How many nights (or days) per month?
10. How is your relationship with friends since having a child?
11. How many cars does your family have?
12. Dream vacation with your kiddos AND one without the kiddos?
13. Where do you shop for your kids?
14. Favourite mommy makeup and skin care products?
15. Since becoming parents, do you notice you act more like your own mother (for mom) / father (for dad)?
16. Piercing a baby’s ear: do or don’t?
17. Bath or shower? (for you and child/children)
18. Is mom back to her pre baby weight?
19. College dreams: Do you expect your kids to go to college? Or would you let them decide for themselves?
20. Finish these sentences: “you know you’re a mom when you______?” “You know you’re a dad when______?”