This post is a little bit different, but this week I am Plan Ireland’s guest blogger, where I talk about what it means to me to be a girl, for the Irish ‘Because I am a Girl’ campaign. You can check that out by clicking here.
Here’s a little background on the campaign…
“Because I am a Girl is a global equality movement which transforms communities in developing countries through empowering girls.”
Plan’s Because I am a Girl campaign calls for:
- Girls’ education to prioritised by world leaders
- Completion of a quality secondary education to be a major focus of international action
- Funding for girls education to be increased
- An end to child marriage
- An end to gender-based violence in and around schools
- Girls and boys to participate in decision making and inspire those with power to take action
So, make sure to visit the Because I am a Girl site, get involved, spread the word and join in the chat.